DryExact – computer controlled, weight-based feeding
The DryExact feeding system uses a weighed mixer that has a volume of 70 liters (2.47 cubic feet). This makes it possible to supply an individual feed mix to every valve with a very high mixing quality and accuracy.
The system is ideal for phase feeding, delivering exact rations at every valve.
The DryExact can also be upgraded to operate as a sensor-controlled feeding system. In this case, each hopper is equipped with a sensor that informs the computer of an empty hopper when the feeding starts.
Advantages at a glance:
- Very accurate feed distribution through precise, weight controlled metering
- Exact dispensing at every valve
- Homogenous feed mix
- Accurate metering of rations as small as 500g /1.1 lb
- Easy management of (adding and changing of ) new components to the feed curve
DryExact feed kitchen: 2 systems with 1 feed circuit each
System Control Units:
- Two different control units are available.
- EcoMatic and DryExact feeding systems are controlled by the MC700 control unit. A monitor, keyboard and mouse complete the operating system.
Basic Power Module
The electric control (switching) cabinet contains all motor switches like silo discharge, chain drives and other electrical system components.
Feed kitchen of 8000er finisher research farm in Illinois with customized control cabinet showing functional diagram of feeding system
Why Computer Controlled Dry Feeding?
Computer control adds several features and advantages:
- A central computer controls all functions that are related to feed management and operation
- A weighing and mixing device unit in applied to prepare exact feed rations (size and content) for individual animals or groups of animals pens)
- This additional means of control offers numerous ways to save on feed and reduce costs
- Reduce mechanical feed waste (handling, transportation, animal’s behavior
- Reduce nutritional feed waste (wrong mixing, inaccurate metering)
- Apply phase feeding
- Computer controlled feeding allows for better handle on meat quality
- Feed management becomes flexible – with all the advantages of modern computer technology
- Safe, easy and exact way for staff to manage feeding
- Better control for farm managers – easy monitoring of operation success as well as swine performance
- Optimum bio security with centralized silos. Less traffic incised the farm