Current Job Openings:
Date: May 17, 2017
Title: Electrical Technician
Reports to: Product Services Manager (Electronic and Environment Systems) BDUS
Territory: USA and Canada
Location: Holland, MI
Vehicle: This position is not included in company vehicle program
Travel: Estimated at 30%-50% of time
This person will be responsible for full support on executing controls system commissioning and to provide controls support to our customers during commissioning and troubleshooting after installations. This person will also provide assisting in the area of product development and product improvement.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical manufacturing equipment that includes industrial controls, electrical panels, VFD’s, relays, temperature controls, photo eyes, etc.
- Ability to read electro mechanical drawings and interpret electrical schematics.
- Ability to effectively use voltage meters, current meters, oscilloscopes.
- Experience in panel building and wiring various machine control circuits.
- Have good electro-mechanical skills & experience.
- Industrial electrical work experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficient with MS Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Excellent trouble shooting skills.
- Strong interest in self-improvement and must be team focused.
- Associates in Electrical Engineering Technology or equivalent.
- 3-5 years’ experience in working with electrical and electronics controls.
- Certification as Journeyman Electrician highly preferred, but not necessary.
- Familiar with National Electronic Code 2014 and 2017.
- Ability to travel approximately 30%.
- Must be able and willing to work in a livestock housing environment.
- Must be able and willing to work directly with end customers and in a teamwork environment.
- Possession or ability to obtain valid US passport.
Date: May 19, 2017
Title: Midwest Regional Sales Manager Pig Equipment – PIG BU
Reports to: Vice President of Sales – PIG BU
Territory: Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Wisconsin
Location: Highly preferable based in Holland, Michigan. Within Territory a must.
Vehicle: This position is included in company vehicle program
Travel: Estimated at 50%-70% of time
This position will have full responsibility to promote and sell our pig product line in the market, with emphasis in both market share and profitability. More specifically described responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Promote Big Dutchman full line of swine management systems for Territory, as assigned including Distributors and Corporate Accounts.
- Primary focus on building relationships and selling to the top swine integrators. Must include the ability to convince swine integrator unit managers up to the CEO’s of the company.
- Ability to listen well, asks good questions, identify swine integrator problems and offer potential solutions. View role as helping the swine integrator to improve their profits.
- Develops distributor channel partners whose primary focus is to drive sales with Big Dutchman
- Strong contributor of the swine equipment team who engages the skills and resources of product management, technical support, customer service/inside sales and leadership to build the business.
- Proactively identify trends and opportunities and communicating these in a way that it helps shape strategic and tactical plans.
- In coordination with the Big Dutchman Pig Division strategy, implement sales programs to increase net sales, product focus and market penetration
- Identify product development opportunities and in finding best ways to implement them.
- Acquires knowledge about competitors and their product line. Provide market intelligence in general, including feedback on price competitiveness in the field
- Supports collection efforts
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Solid knowledge and understanding of swine production and the swine industry in the Territory.
- Established relationships in Territory a must.
- Aggressive, independent, and goal-oriented personality.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Availability to travel within the USA plus to Germany for training, as needed
- Strong team player.
- High level of technical aptitude.
- Solid handling of Microsoft office package.
- College degree in animal production or agri-business related areas preferred.
Summer Jobs & College Internships
At Dutchman, we provide a unique opportunity for students to developed the skills and experience that will help lock in their future job. When you graduate, you’ll have the potential to be at the front of our list of possible hires. The list below provides what positions / departments with possible job opportunities.
- Engineering / Drafts
- Product Line Management
- Electrical Electronics
- Customer Service (Domestic and International)
- Field Service Technicians
- Warehouse / Logistics / Inventory Control
College Recruiting / Career Fairs
If you have a passion for the agriculture industry or just looking for something interesting and challenging, we’re confident that we have the perfect job for you. Your college’s career fair is a great way to meet with our HR Manager and introduce yourself. Be sure to bring your resume!
Campus Tour Schedule for Fall 2017
Purdue Job Fair – TBD
Michigan State Job Fair – TBD