UniVENT Starter. When you need the best start for your flock.
The UniVENT Starter is the ideal system to get your flock ready to be moved into an adult layer system. The UniVENT Starter has a long history for long lasting quality, and excellent rearing results.
To meet varied requirements of all our customers in an ideal way, we offer UniVENT Starter with or without ventilation. To satisfy the different needs of day olds and pullets, our rearing battery cages consist of two different areas, the start tier and the grow tier.
Because the quality and uniformity of your flock influences their laying performance when they reach laying age, the UniVENT Starter is designed to promote the best methods for raising your flock, which includes the following:
- Uniform feed supply
- Rapid feed distribution
- Feed trough positioned to keep feed clean
- Fresh and sufficient drinking water
- Galfan wire to promote a clean and healthy system
- Easy and efficient operation
- Reduction of ammonia
ADVANTAGES AT A GLANCE:
- Feed troughs are mounted on supports for trough stability and long service life
- Feed trough with inner rim provides minimal feed losses
- Simple assembly of 3 to 8 tiers
- Upper walkway for batteries with more than 5 tiers results in easy bird control
- Better thermal economy (reduced heating expenses and reduced investment costs per bird) is achieved with systems of 4 or more tiers due to increased density
- Remarkably low bird mortality during rearing
Air is channelled, via air ducts, into the individual cages, to the birds and the manure. Fresh air can be warmed with an air mixer (mixing fresh air with house air) or heat exchanger.
The nipple drinker line in the start tier can be adjusted in height centrally according to the size of the birds, providing an adequate water supply from day one.
The chicks can easily reach the feed in the trough positioned outside of the cage from day one. The most important advantage of this is that the chicks can reach the feed without standing in it.
ADJUSTABLE FEED GATE:
At the beginning the feed gate is at it’s starting position and will be raised as the flock grows.
At 2 weeks old the feed gate is raised a little more.
At 6 weeks old the flock is at the mid point before they are moved into the adult layer system. The feed gate is raised to accommodate their growth.
At 12 weeks old the feed gate is dropped to allow the flock to eat over the feed gate.
ADJUSTABLE WATERING LINE:
When the flock is first placed into the system, the watering line is at it’s lowest position, and will adjust to the flock as it grows.
At 2 weeks the watering line is moved up slightly so the birds are able to drink easily.
At the midway point before they birds are moved into the adult layer system, the watering line is moved up as they grow.
At the final stage of the flock being in the starter system, the watering line is raised so they have easy access to the water supply, and is positioned at the proper height so the flock is healthy.